A WARM WELCOME AWAITS
A Mature Parkland Course To Test The Best
2021 Membership Applications Now Open
We are delighted that you are interested in finding out more about applying for membership of Newlands Golf Club. Applications are now open for 2021 Membership of Newlands Golf Club with a variety of categories available as listed below.
Newlands golf course is conveniently located to the South of Dublin City with easy access from the M50. Membership at Newlands Golf Club is attractive to many golfers and offers a competitive golfing tradition while maintaining a friendly club atmosphere.
To ensure that our new members have an opportunity to experience what it is like to be a member of our great Club, our innovative Rookie Membership Category, invites new members to join for a year before applying for Full Membership.
Special reductions on annual subscriptions and entrance fees are available for golfers up to 40 years of age, making it attractive to new members in this category.
While our application process requests for applicants to name a proposer and a seconder, we do welcome applications from golfers who have no connections yet within our Club. For further information contact the General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multiple competition golf days for all full members, and full playing rights seven days a week, subject to competition times
- Inter club matches for all categories, with success in many competitions evident by the many pennants that are proudly displayed in the clubhouse
- Opportunities to invite non-members to play with reduced Green Fees with a Member, Opens and Semi-Opens
- Designated practice areas, short-game area, warm-up nets and practice putting greens
- PGA Professional team led by Brian Cosgrave, on hand to provide ﬁrst class advice and tuition
- Excellent pro shop and customer service. Buggies available on request.
- A range of membership options to suit different lifestyles
- Members can also enjoy non-golﬁng activities such as bridge, snooker and indoor bowling
- Most importantly Newlands Golf Club is run by the Members for the beneﬁt of its Members and we look forward to welcoming you to our Club soon.
- FULL MEMBER
Anyone that joins Newlands Golf Club as a Full Member will have 7 day playing rights. You will have unrestricted access to book golf tee times through the online booking system, subject to Men’s and Ladies competition times.
Full Member Benefits:
- Full playing rights 7 days a week
- Access to casual golf online time sheets
- Three weekly golf competition days
- Full GUI/ILGU Handicaps
- Eligible to represent Newlands Golf Club in interclub team competitions
- Full access to all practice facilities with short-game area, warm up nets and practice putting greens
- Discounted green fees for your guests
- Full access to Clubhouse for you and your guests
- PGA Pro Team on hand to provide first class advice and tuition
- Access to non-golfing activities such as bridge, snooker and indoor bowling and a variety of social events
- ROOKIE MEMBERSHIP
The Rookie membership was introduced to offer prospective members, not familiar with Newlands Golf Club, an opportunity to join as a member for a year (with full playing rights and paying the normal annual fees for Full Members). After their Rookie Season the member is invited to proceed with a Full Membership Application, at which stage the relevant Entrance Fee applies. Due to the positive response from our 2019 Rookie Members, the Rookie Membership applications are now open for 2020.
All the above benefits listed for Full Members apply for Rookie members with the following exceptions;
- There are a limited number of places available each year
- Rookie membership cannot be extended to a second year
- Not eligible to win any of the designated Major competitions
- Applications are open from the 1st December 2020 to the 28th February 2021
- Rookie members do not have a vote at the AGM
- Rookie membership is only available with the Full Membership Annual Subscription and related charges
If you are not acquainted with a Newlands Golf Club member contact the General Manager for assistance with your Rookie Membership application on 01 4593157 or by email email@example.com
Newlands Golf Club has an active Junior Committee that organise a variety of social, coaching and competitive opportunities for introducing young people to golf and supporting them to improve. There are some restrictions on playing times and club competitions for cadet/junior members and in club competitions they must be accompanied by an ordinary / associate member. Further details can be found in the club diary. Full detail of Junior Program for 2021 will be communicated in due course.
For more details contact the General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
All the above benefits listed for Full Members apply for Student Members with the following exceptions:
- Students are not eligible to win the overall prize in designated club competitions (see diary for details).
- The student must also be partnered by an Ordinary or Associate member to play in Invitation competitions.
- Students do not have a vote at the AGM.
- YOUNG ADULT
To facilitate the transition of Junior and /or Students Members to Full Members there is a stepped increase in the annual subscription level according to age for Young Adults. The details of this are listed below.
To encourage the transition of Junior and / or Student Members to Young Adult Members there is an agreement in place which waives the €1,000 entrance fee if the member has had at least 5 years membership with Newlands. This was introduced to recognise the importance of retaining these Junior and Student Members as they move to Full Membership. To qualify for a waiver, the membership must have at least 5 years membership in the immediately preceding seven years prior to applying for Young Adult Membership at 25 years of age.
|CATEGORY||ENTRANCE FEE||ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION||BENEFITS|
|Cadet 8-13||N/A||€80||Details in Cadet programme|
|Juniors 14-18||N/A||€230||Details in Junior programme|
|Student 18-28 (full-time 3rd level)||N/A||€369||Full playing privileges. Non-voting.|
|Young Adult (Age 19-24)||N/A||€590||Full playing privileges. Non-voting.|
|Young Adult (Age 25-27)||€1,000||€738||Full playing privileges.|
|Young Adult (Age 28-30)||€1,000||€1,108||Full playing privileges.|
|Full Membership (Age 31-35)||€1,000||€1,475||Full member benefits.|
|Full Membership (Age 36-40)||€2,000*||€1,475||Full member benefits.|
|Full Membership (Age 41+)||€5,000*||€1,475||Full member benefits.|
|Rookie||Deferred by 1 year||€1,475||See exceptions listed under Benefits.|
*In order to continue the ongoing tradition of family membership within the Club, there is Family Discount available on entrance fees. Family Discount available on entrance fee to immediate family members which includes parents, grandparents, siblings, children and spouses. 50% discount on entrance fee levels of €5,000 and €2,000. No discount is applied to Entrance Fees of €1,000.
NOTE: The members age is regarded as the age as of the 1st January of each year. (ie If a member is 30 as of the 1st January the Annual Subscription Rate of €1,108 applies)
RELATED MEMBERSHIP FEES
BAR & RESTAURANT CHARGE
Newlands Golf Club operates a Bar/Catering charge of €200. This is invoiced on January 1st each year along with your Annual Subscription and is available on credit for you to use in the bar & restaurant throughout the year. (This levy does not apply to any members under 30 years of age.)
GUI/ILGU ANNUAL FEE – €24 (Gents) or €28 (Ladies)
This is the annual sum charged by the national body that oversees and controls the respective sections within the amateur game. They are also responsible for handicaps and the administrations of many national inter club events.
INSURANCE – €25 per person (optional)
Insurance is recommended for all golfers. Insurance covers the likes of loss or theft of golf clothing, equipment, personal injury or travel if required when playing abroad. Full details of the policy can be obtained from the Club.
2020 ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION – €1,475
The annual subscription year runs from January 1st to December 31st and the charge is reviewed annually at the AGM. The annual subscription is due by the 1st January each year and can be paid in full on receipt of invoice or by a number of monthly instalments through our direct debit option provided by our partner finance company, which will incur an administration fee and interest charge.
Weekly competition fees are charged through each member’s online account that can be topped up online as required. Competitions are managed by each of the Men’s and Ladies Clubs within Newlands. The typical competition fees are currently €3.50 for Ladies and €4 for the Men’s Competitions.
The application process for Membership is as follows:
- Download and complete the relevant Membership Application Form from the website or alternatively you can request from the club office who can send it to you by post or email.
- For Full Membership it is a requirement that you obtain a Proposer and a Seconder from a current Full Member of Newlands Golf Club. Should you not be acquainted with any Newlands Members at present, please contact the General Manager for assistance with the application process on 01 4593157 or by email email@example.com
- Your completed Membership Application forms should be returned to the club office at your earliest convenience, in person to the office, or by post or email.
- Post: Newlands Golf Club, Newlands Cross, Dublin 22
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Membership Application will be reviewed by the Management Committee and you will be invited to attend an interview with members of the Management Committee and your Proposer and/or Seconder, where applicable. For Junior Membership categories a Parent/Guardian will be invited to attend.
- A notice of application will be posted on Club noticeboard.
- Ratification by relevant Club Committee will follow.
- The New Member is then invited to take up an offer of Membership at Newlands Golf Club.
If you wish to apply for membership, please download the relevant application for and submit your application to the office by post or email.