Newlands Golf Club – brief history
Newlands Golf Club was founded in 1910.
For the first 15 years of its existence the Club was located in an area known as Robinhood, near Inchicore, about 4 miles south west of Dublin centre. During this period the Club was known as the Robinhood Golf Club. The formal club structure was abandoned for some years during the First World War but was restored again after the war was over. At this time ‘’Ben’’ Sayers, the famous Scottish golfer and course designer, was engaged to redesign the course.
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.