Club Professional Vacancy
Newlands Golf Club has almost 120 years of history and, located beside the M50 and N7 road networks, it is home to one of the premier courses in the Dublin area. Substantial upgrades to the golf course and clubhouse were completed in 2010 and provide almost 1000 members with an exceptional golfing experience.
The Club has hosted numerous prestigious events, including the GUI All Ireland Cups and Shields Finals in 2001 and the Irish Ladies Amateur Open in 2010. It has a long-standing reputation for the development of junior golf and for consistently high achievement in club golf at all levels.
Following the retirement of our Club professional of 26 years, we wish to contract for services a qualified PGA Professional who will deliver services that are an integral
part of our Club operations.
The services provided will include the following:
- A front of house role interfacing with members and visitors to
ensure an excellent experience.
- Membership promotion and retention.
- Involvement in coaching at all levels and ages, and the preparation of teams.
- The provision of an attractive and comprehensive retail outlet.
- Involvement in the development and delivery of a revenue development strategy.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an accredited PGA professional and a commitment to continuous personal development.
- The ability to act effectively as an ambassador of the Club through strong interpersonal and team player skills.
- The business acumen to manage a profitable retail activity.
- A track record as a teacher utilising the latest teaching technologies.
- The communications skills to positively engage with members and visitors in a one to one capacity and through social media.
- A strategic vision of how to provide the best possible golf experience to members and visitors.
- A comprehensive understanding of exceptional customer service.
Applications in confidence for the post, including a CV and a letter of interest, should be forwarded by post or email to the General Manager, Newlands Golf Club, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 (email@example.com) by close of business on 6th February.