Newlands Golf Club has almost 110 years of history and, located beside the M50 and N7 road networks, it is home to one of the premier courses in the Dublin area. Substantial upgrades to the golf course and clubhouse were completed in 2010 and provide almost 1000 members with an exceptional golfing experience.
The Club has hosted numerous prestigious events, including the GUI All Ireland Cups and Shields Finals, the Irish Ladies Amateur Open and other national and regional events. It has a long-standing reputation for the development of junior golf and for consistently high achievement in club golf at all levels.
We wish to appoint a General Manager who will be responsible for the successful and profitable operation of all aspects of the Club and the implementation of Club strategy.
The key responsibilities of the General Manager are:
- Manage all aspects of the Club’s day to day operation.
- Implement strategies to recruit new members and generate ancillary revenue streams
- Ensure achievement of the annual budget and other performance targets.
- Lead and develop all club employees and contractors.
- Refine and improve the Club’s systems and ensure compliance in all regulatory matters.
- Partner with members to realise their vision and ambitions for the future.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- A track record in successfully managing a customer facing business.
- The leadership and people management skills required to develop an outstanding team.
- The communications skills to positively engage with members, visitors and other stakeholders in a one on one capacity and through social media.
- The business acumen to oversee the delivery of key financial goals.
- The commitment to successfully implement the Newlands 2025 strategic plan.
- The capability to manage the activities of the Club to achieve optimum operational efficiency.
Applications for the position, including a current CV and a letter of interest, should be forwarded in strictest confidence, by post or email to the President, Newlands Golf Club, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 email@example.com by close of business on Friday November 22nd.